SAFETY & HEALTH ENGINEER/SAFETY PROESSIONAL – DUBLIN
FOR ENGINEERING CONSULTANCY COMPANY
We wish to appoint a Safety and Health Engineer / Safety Professional based in Dublin office to work on a wide selection of projects around the country on which we act as Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP). The role may also include working on projects where we have been appointed as health and safety coordinator by the PSCS (Project Supervisor Construction Stage).
Description and Details:
The successful candidate will be a motivated professional who will ensure the companies roles on project are discharged and develop a positive and active safety culture on their projects. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of Safety and Health Legislation and extensive experience on a range of complex projects.
The main duties will consist of:
- Ensuring discharge of the role of PSDP on construction projects
- Attending client/design and site meetings
- Preparing preliminary safety and health plans
- Compiling and preparing safety files
- Preparing health and safety reports
- Carrying out site visits
- Coordination and liaison with all parties involved in a construction project
- Reviewing the competence of duty holders
- Inspections and reports on legal cases concerning health and safety
- Working with contractors PSCS to discharge the role of PSCS on construction projects
- Education Requirement: Degree in Engineering or a related design discipline with recognized Safety and Health training (ideally post graduate Diploma level, but not essential)
- Experience Required: 4 years
- Desirable: Chartered Member of Engineers Ireland, IOSH or similar
- Desirable: Occupational health and safety qualification and/or experience
- Desirable: PSCS training and experience
An attractive package will be offered commensurate with experience.
Flexible remote working policy.
Flexibility of working hours.
Positive working environment.
Variety of projects.
Social Committee events.
Annual Leave increases with years of service.
Engineers Ireland CPD Company – All personnel are guaranteed minimum 5 days training per annum.
Sports Social Club.
Corporate Rate Gym Membership.
Cycle to Work Scheme.
Travel Saver Scheme.
Death in Service Scheme.
Group Health Cover Scheme.
Paid Professional Membership